Solder Dross Recycling: (Sn, Pb, Ag, Au)
Electrum’s “state of the art” pollution abatement control system lends peace of mind to all generators that their material is being handled in an environmentally safe manner. Our DEP permitted operation offers industry leading emission levels for solder and lead recycling.
This process involves the environmentally safe recycling of tin, lead, and silver bearing materials containing flux chemistry from soldering processes such as wave, dip, and tinning operations. The lead bearing particles and acidic flux chemistries are strictly controlled during the reclamation process to eliminate possible discharge to the atmosphere.
- Receive and weigh each item separately on a NJ Weights and Measures certified scale
- Trained lab technicians obtain a representative “bulk sample” of items received
- Samples are transferred to Electrum’s preparation laboratory to be melted
- Melted pucks are then analyzed on our “SPECTROMAX-x” equipment
- Our Spectrograph provides a detailed breakdown of metal units contained and containments
- After the Plant Manager evaluates the Spectro report, material is staged
- The Charge Master will then add material to the melt schedule accordingly
What we buy:
Electrum’s technology is ever evolving to include processing of additional scrap items. Don’t see your material on our list? Give us a call at 800-622-1192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can be of service. Even if we cannot handle your scrap, our 40 years of industry experience may be able to identify a viable vendor for your needs. Put our knowledge to work for you today.